Thursday, December 31, 2009

Food in Singapore!!

After years since the last time I went to Singapore for my cousin sis' wedding, I realise that the food in Singapore is not bad after all. Initially, I was wondering what to eat in Singapore. My impression was, the nice food are all from the restaurants expensive food.

On our first day there in Singapore, my uncle brought us to a near by Chicken rice stall in Braddell. Of course, I would say the taste was so so, but edible. Next for dinner, I ate a nasi lemak ayam for SD2. Consider cheap rite, considering the nasi lemak ayam that I had back in Seapark was RM4.50. Too bad, I forgot to take a snap shot of the nasi lemak. The rice was green in colour and very aromatic. A different kind of taste with the nasi lemak we had in KL.

On our 2nd day there in Singapore, we manage to try out the McD there. Got to try the McSpicy. Better than KFC Zinger burger. It was freshly out from the kitchen, there's gravy flowing out from the burger meat. Yum yum!!! Most importantly, it's spicy enough. Take a look at the tempting picture of the burger!!


For dinner, we managed to get a good recommendation from Irene. Thanks Irene for the nice ramen. We had our dinner at Marutama Ramen, situated at Central Point Level 3. The restaurant only serves very few dishes and ramen. We tried a spicy ramen, which I've forgotten the name actually. Not red right, like what normal spicy food should be. . Don't be tricked by it's look. It's actually spicy.


Another food that I found it quite special in a way. It's the Singapore Carrot Cake what we call as "lou bo kau". We call that "char koay kak" in Penang. But the one we had in Singapore was totally different. It was cooked like our fried osyster. There's a layer of flour and egg sticking the carrot cake together. There are some spring onion as well to make even more aromatic. Delicious!! Sorry don't have the pic. I was too busy eating it.

Well,to make a comparison,in fact the cost of living in Singapore in terms of the food and clothing, it's much cheaper there. Didn't realise all of this till now.

1 comment: